Wednesday 29 August 2012

Time for a Change

When I first started this blog I wasn’t sure how long it would last, so I made some initial decisions such as picking a free blogging platform as my host. As a result I may have gone a bit overboard with the design of it; it is hard to know what your blog looks like when there is no content on it to give you an idea. Because of this I felt that the look of this blog was too dark and too “busy”.

Taking a leaf out of Microsoft’s newfound focus on it’s Metro/Modern/Whatever-you-call-it UI style, I thought I would make the design simpler and focus on making it more readable and just focus on the content, now that I actually have some.

This is also the first time I’m writing a post in something other than Blogger’s online editing tools. They were fairly good but there were just too many annoyances I found, such as filling in hyperlinks would send me right back to the top of the page, and formatting (especially code snippets) was a real pain. This post was written in Windows Live Writer which I am very impressed with so far.

So just a quick update this time, normal service will resume shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment